Thursday, March 10, 2011

Just 200meters from the finish line! ... Barcelona Marathon 6 March 2011



Wow! I've never felt so good just 200m away from the finish line! My training must be going great!

Just kidding ... the volunteer work went great. I was assigned to the elite tent where I had to work my language skills to help organize and guide the elite runners (primarily the Kenyans) who were out in numbers and on a mission. The 21 year-old Levi Matebo Omari won this year's edition with a whopping 2:07:31 ... just ONE SECOND over the course record set last year (2:07:30) ... The race was inspirational, albeit a bit difficult to be "on the sidelines", but I had decided it'd be better to sit this one out and really focus on getting set for my next one ... Berlin - September 25th.


I've been in contact with my coach Patrick McCrann from Marathon Nation (http://www.marathonnation.us/) and I'm getting ready to work up to the challenge. In the meantime I'll be training and representin' my "virtual team" as best as possible and trying to sport my Marathon Nation duds when/wherever need be (see pics).

More to follow soon .... I gotta run!
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment