Friday, March 25, 2011

Change will be forced upon us. It's going to happen.

‎"When you look at the curves it's just clear how unsustainable it is......Change will be forced upon us. It's going to happen. It would just be nice to do it in a considerate fashion earlier, rather than waiting for the crisis that's coming our way." 

My race training has led me to search out information on anything from the technical aspects of running equipment to specific training techniques as well as excercise and nutrition ... just to mention a few.  One of these inquiries ran me right into an article on "Paleo Nutrition" ... and after doing more investigation and looking into the possible benefits & risks, I decided to subject myself to a 30-day trial period ...


That 30-period of living without cereals/grains/legumes/dairy and starchy foods began on Dec. 15, 2010 ... and has stuck until the present.

My running has improved,  my training levels increased, and recovery times diminished.  My speed/pace have also benefitted from this change.  Funny thing, the more I look into it, the more it starts popping up all around  ... Could it be that we're becoming more aware of something that is fundamental and increasingly urgent in our society, or am I just more acutely aware of topics which I can relate directly to my current readings?  (right now I'm dissecting "The Paleo Diet for Athletes" by Loren Cordain and Joe Friel)



Take a look at what aired on NPR's "Fresh Air" today ... it's echos so many points put forth in the aforementioned book ... crazy!  (Listent to the "on-air" story ... 13mins and worth listening to ... very interesting stuff)

No comments:

Post a Comment